|Mr. Kishore Darak||Core||4||None||Any|
Mathematics is one of the compulsory schools-subjects all over the world, yet it has a frowning face for most of the students. One of the primary objectives of the course would be to make mathematics more humane and bring it in the reach of most of the learners. The course looks forward to curtailment of ‘fear-value index’ attained by mathematics. Mathematics is a subject of real life experiences. This course would try to surface relationship of Mathematics with life in a clearer way.
Many students want to pursue one of the other types of competitive examination after their graduation. With utilitarian approach, this course aims at laying foundations for these competitive examinations through the practice of ‘culturally meaningful’ mathematics.
- To introduce learners to recreational value of mathematics so as to explore intellectually challenging and aesthetically pleasant nature of mathematics.
- The course also aims at building confidence of students in handling mathematics in all practical situations by making them think in multiple ways.
The course will be conducted in two batches and will involve white board / presentation teaching by the professor (one-to-many approach) as well as focus group discussions for comparing different methods (many-to-many approach) and learning through cooperation with peers (mixture of one-to-many and many -to-one approach).
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!