|Ms. Ashlesha Swaminathan||Core||4||None||II|
The primary goal of this course is to facilitate students in learning to express their thoughts, ideas, stories & opinions with confidence & skill. The course structure is aimed at allowing them to open up their senses as well as their minds; to overcome any inhibitions. The class environment is intentionally charged to challenge students to push themselves out of their comfort zone. They learn how to critically assess events or situations and present their perspectives. They are guided on how to use language to emphasize & complement their thoughts. They are given the freedom to test their skills in the classroom and receive regular feedback on their performance from their peers as well as the faculty.
Students in this course will be able to –
- Confidently & creatively express their views
- Analyze current affairs objectively
- Write reviews & their own original stories
The course emphasis is on experiential learning. Students will be given in-class as well as homework assignments. These will be reviewed & discussed by the class. The course content will be complimented by guest lectures on creativity in various fields like art, cinema & industry.
Students are expected to –
- Complete all required reading for each scheduled class as per the course outline,
- Actively participate in class activities and discussions, and
- Complete all evaluative processes for successful course completion!